Melanie L. Farr
Melanie Farr began practicing law in 1998. She is licensed to practice in both Indiana and Ohio, after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Toledo, College of Law. She is a member of the Order of the Coif, Toledo Chapter. Ms. Farr's current practice areas include commercial and civil litigation, appellate practice, estate planning and administration, collections, and municipal law.
Since 2001, Ms. Farr has served as the attorney for the Village of Antwerp, Ohio. She provides legal advice to the town officials for zoning, contracts, employment, and prosecution of municipal claims. She is a member of the Allen County Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, Paulding County Bar Association, and Ohio State Bar Association. She participates in the probate, trust and tax sections of the Allen County Bar Association, and the Indiana and Ohio State Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council, and a member of the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association.
Ms. Farr conducted an ICLEF presentation entitled "The Full Spectrum of Estate Planning, Administration & Litigation" on October 15, 2009. Ms. Farr's presentation focused on intestate succession.
Areas of Practice
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Municipal Law
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Law Review: University of Toledo Law Review, Technical Editor
- Defiance College
- "Wright v. Metro Health Medical Center: Anti-Nepotism Policies Carve a Slice in the Fundamental Right to Marry - Is this the Wright or Wrong Decision?"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council
- Paulding County Bar Association
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association