Melanie L. Farr
Melanie Farr began practicing law in 1998. She is licensed to practice in both Indiana and Ohio, after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Toledo, College of Law. She is a member of the Order of the Coif, Toledo Chapter. Ms. Farr's current practice areas include commercial and civil litigation, construction law, appellate practice, estate planning and administration, and municipal law.
Since 2001, Ms. Farr has served as the attorney for the Village of Antwerp, Ohio. She provides legal advice to the town officials for zoning, contracts, employment, and prosecution of municipal claims. She is a member of the Allen County Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, Paulding County Bar Association, and Ohio State Bar Association. She participates in the probate, trust and tax sections of the Allen County Bar Association, and the Indiana and Ohio State Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council, the Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana, and member of the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association.
Ms. Farr has been a presenter on probate and estate topics at various seminars.
Areas of Practice
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Appellate Practice
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Municipal Law
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Law Review: University of Toledo Law Review, Technical Editor
- Defiance College
- "Wright v. Metro Health Medical Center: Anti-Nepotism Policies Carve a Slice in the Fundamental Right to Marry - Is this the Wright or Wrong Decision?"
- Rice ex rel. Rice v. Correctional Medical Services, 675 F.3d 650 (7th Cir. 2012)
- Warren v. Warren, 952 N.E.2d 269 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
- Grabill Cabinet Company, Inc. v. Debra C. Sullivan, 2010 WL 129795 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010)
- Scott Ruse v. Mark Bleeke, 2009 WL 3094938 (Ind. Ct. App. 2009)
- Harleysville Lake States Ins. Co. v. Granite Ridge Builders, Inc., 2009 WL 857412 (N.D. Ind. 2009)
- Blasius v. Wilhoff, 863 N.E.2d 1223 (Ind. Ct. App. 2007)
- Mattice v. Memorial Hospital of South Bend, Inc.,, 249 F.3d 682 (7th Cir. 2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council, Member
- Paulding County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association, Member
- Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana, Member