Martin E. Seifert
Martin E. Seifert began practicing law in Fort Wayne in 1992, initially focusing his practice in the areas of creditors' rights, bankruptcy law, and commercial litigation. He represents trustees, creditors, debtors, and creditors' committees in all aspects of bankruptcy matters. He was appointed as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee on October 1, 2002. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, Western District of Michigan, and Central District of Illinois, as well as the State of Indiana.
In addition to creditors' rights and bankruptcy matters, Mr. Seifert devotes a significant part of his practice to representing small, medium, and large businesses in general corporate matters and commercial litigation. This includes the formation of new business entities and advising clients about general commercial issues.
Mr. Seifert is a past President of the Allen County Bar Association. He is active in the Bankruptcy Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. He is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees. Mr. Seifert serves on the Board of the Allen County Public Library, and the Notre Dame Club of Fort Wayne, Inc.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors' Rights
- Bankruptcy Law
- Commercial Litigation
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Indiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1992
- University of Notre Dame
- B.A. - 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association, Past President
- Indiana State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- American Judicature Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Northern District of Indiana Bankruptcy Practices and Procedures Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Notre Dame Club of Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Past Board Member, Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
- Board of Trustees, Allen County Public Library, Secretary