Donald C. Swanson Jr.
Donald C. Swanson, Jr., was admitted to the practice of law in Indiana in 1973. He has also been admitted to practice in Florida and Michigan.
His area of practice has focused primarily in the criminal defense area with an emphasis on white collar crime, drug and controlled substance violations, and driving while intoxicated cases. He has handled these cases both at the trial and appellate levels. He is a certified law enforcement instructor and has served as the Indiana representative to the Federal Court Panel Attorneys in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the Allen County Bar Association, Michigan Bar Association, Florida Bar Association, and is the past chairperson for the Criminal Procedure Committee of the Allen County Bar Association.
Also included in his areas of practice is the representation of individuals before Indiana licensing boards, including the medical, nursing, real estate and legal licensure organizations in Indianapolis. He is admitted to the federal courts in Northern and Southern District of Indiana as well as the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Tax Court. He is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Association for Justice. He has served for 18 years on the Allen County Sheriff's Merit Board.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crime
- Indiana, 1973
- Florida, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1973
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Tax Court, 1977
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. - 1973
- Alma College, Alma, Michigan
- B.A. - 1968
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
- Major: Business Administration and English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Allen County Bar Association, Past Chairperson, Criminal Procedure Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member