Charles J. Heiny
Charles J. Heiny began his legal practice in 1990. Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Heiny worked in Fort Wayne as a tax consultant for a national CPA firm.
Mr. Heiny serves as counsel to both large and small business clients. He has extensive experience in representing business clients in complex commercial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, as well as extensive experience in assisting clients with their other ongoing business legal needs.
In addition to business and corporate work, Mr. Heiny devotes a significant part of his practice to estate planning and administration, real estate law, tax law (including tax planning for business transactions, tax controversies, creditors' rights, and bankruptcy law). These practice areas fit naturally with Mr. Heiny’s business and corporate practice and his training both in the law and accounting/business.
Mr. Heiny has actively served his profession and his community. He has served as a member of the Taxation Section of the Indiana CPA Society, a member of the United Way Allocation Committees, as a member of the Board of the Anthony Wayne Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, as Chairman of the Probate Section of the Allen County Bar Association, and as a member of the Allen County Bar Association legal forms committee. He also serves on his church finance council and as president of his neighborhood association.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Real Estate Planning and Administration
- Representation of Physicians
- Medical Groups
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: With Highest Distinction
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 1984
- Honors: Awarded With High Distinction
- Honors: Beta Alpha Psi
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association, Probate Section, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana CPA Society, Taxation Section, Member
- Fort Wayne Estate Planning Society
- Indiana Bar Association, Taxation Section
- United Way Allocation Committees, Member
- Allen County Bar Association, Legal Forms Committee